Tuesday, September 18, 2007

ADHD or is it a food allergy?

My daughter is normally a very easily to get along with person. However, there were times and still are that she would just seem to be running by an energizer battery. She would sleep just a few hours and then off she'd go in a completely non stop, high energy mode for a day or two at a time.

We started to believe that she was suffering from ADHD, so we began talking to a physician about the problems we were having. He suggested that it may not be ADHD, but an allergic reaction to red-40 food coloring. We began cutting this out of her diet slowly. Red #40 is in almost all things so this is a very difficult thing to completely omit from a diet. After a few weeks of dramatically reducing her intake of this substance, she began to calm down. It seemed like magic.

If you think your child is ADHD, try watching their intake of Red #40 listed in the ingredients label on products, it just might make the difference between sedating medications and a normal life for them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not agree on it. I assume precise post. Expressly the title-deed attracted me to be familiar with the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

hi there everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that singular model. The prices seeking the shoes were around 210 pounds on every site. But for all I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Good morning

We do not agree with this year BRIT awards decision.

Please come to see our little web poll

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Madonna

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.li/brustvergroesserung/bilder.html]brustvergrößerung bilder[/url]

PRINCE HARRY WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BRIT AWARDS
With a special birthday message from Prince Harry for the 30th Anniversary of the BRIT Awards

Anonymous said...

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?